The Wisconsin Insurance Alliance (WIA) represents the property and casualty insurance industry in:
- public policy analysis and advocacy
- media information
- consumer education
- legal advocacy
The WIA is proud to represent greater than 50 member companies who underwrite property and casualty insurance in Wisconsin. For more information about the Wisconsin Insurance Alliance, read our About Us section.
Insurance News -
- Younger Auto Insurance Shoppers Less Likely than Boomers to Shop on PriceYounger auto insurance shoppers are more likely to select their car insurance brand based on website information and navigation according to a new J.D. Power Study. Article
- Torinus: “Clearly, something is out of whack” in Wisconsin Worker’s CompWell respected businessman John Torinus outlines the challenges for Wisconsin employers and the need to address the medical costs in the worker's compensation system. Very succinct and to the point piece in his Straight Talk from the Heartland blog. Article
- Accident Report Redacting Remains a Challenge for Press and InsurersA recent Wausau Daily Herald article outlines the continued confusion among Wisconsin local government law enforcement regarding access to accident reports. “In some cases, we can’t get driver information at all,” Franken said. “Sometimes, municipalities will forward the information to the Department of Transportation and the DOT will release the information. In other cases, we send letters pointing out a clear exception in the DPPA that allows insurance providers access to the information, and we get it that way. But there is no clear interpretation, and every municipality is handling it differently.” Franken said he was hopeful that the New Richmond decision would prompt a reversal of the redaction policy he calls a “clear overreaction” to the Senne case. “It’s unfortunate that thousands of dollars have to be spent on litigation just to get a consistent interpretation of the law,” Franken said.
WIA and Members in the News -
- Catching Up: Startups selected for unique American Family/Microsoft mentoring program : Wsj
- What You Need to Know About Identity Theft ProtectionWBAY TV2 reporter Tammy Elliott presents a consumer education story on identity theft and what consumers need to know when purchasing protection and insurance coverage. WIA President Andy Franken provides comments. News Story
- Church Mutual Call Center Named One of Nation’s Best | Daily Tribune Media | wisconsinrapidstribune.com
- DMV Announces the Parent’s Supervised Driving Program – Top News – InsuranceNewsNet.comWest Bend Insurance teams up with WISDoT to improve teen driving safety. Article.
- Sentry Insurance Releases Video in Support of Distracted Driving Awareness Month | SYS-CON MEDIA